List of active policies
Why is my personal data collected?
We collect the following personal data from you in Moodle: your name, e-mail address, photo, affiliation, your IP address, course(s) followed, grades, your online accesses (logs, for the different learning activities).
We collect and process these data primarily for the administrative management of a course. This entails identifying you as a student, providing you with the proper course material, communicating with you through the Moodle platform, providing tests and examinations for evaluation purposes and finally issuing a course certificate and degree, if you succeed. Your (de-identified) personal data can also be used for the purpose of generating course and/or Moodle platform statistics.
Who has got access to my personal data?
IR Connect staff, like course administrator/the course coordinator and teachers of the course you are following. The students enrolled in a course will see basic personal data about their fellow students in that course, such as photo, name and e-mail address.
Access to personal data in Moodle is restricted where possible. Teachers and students only have access to the personal data of the students from the course they are enrolled in.
How is my personal data transferred?
Your personal data is only processed with the primary purpose of the course organization. Personal data from Moodle will not be transferred to , except for purposes of verification / authentication & certification.
How long is my personal data in Moodle retained?
- All personal data are retained for the duration of the course and archived up to three years after the course , unless inserted in a Moodle Community of Practice group whereby data are retained as long as the CoP exists.
In case you have any questions or you wish to receive information about the processing of your data, want a portable copy of your data or request insight to the data we process in Moodle from you, please contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Code of Conduct - IR Connect Portal
The portal shall not permit
- Use of the IR Connect Moodle forums for any other purpose, except for exchange of technical resources, academic discussions and professional knowledge exchange.
- Use of the IR Connect platform for any fraudulent conduct, to further any form of illegal endeavour or to violate the rights of any party.
- Posting of any material that characterizes as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law or policy.
- Posting of any copyrighted material that is not available for access in the free domain, that does not have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you.
- Uploading of spam, advertisements of products or services, solicitations and other postings with a commercial purpose which are inappropriate to IR Connect members
- Challenging or attacking others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. It is imperative to let others have their say, just as you may.
The portal shall expect the members to adhere to
- Posting of personal messages or documents only to the most appropriate forums. Members are requested to not spam several discussion threads with the same message.
- Inclusion of only the relevant portions of the original message in member replies. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Posting a message to the discussion forums only when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Use of private chat features to send one-one messages to fellow members.